Saturday, August 28, 2010

Victory and Mint Chocolate Cake Balls


We won! 16-6. Should have been better, we had two tds called back. One on a bogus offensive pass interference call. But, we won!

Before we left for the game I make the cake, then tore it up and mixed with the icing, chilled, rolled into balls, and stuck them in the freezer. This morning I coated 27 of them. They are very good! Think girl scout thin mints meets a cake ball. Need to work on making them smoother and prettier. Still have almost half to coat later today.

All the coaches families went over to the Kates after the game last night to celebrate. Except for Jason and two others. He was helping them with getting the game film ready for exchange and it was their first time to do it. There were some issues with the equipment or something so he didn't make it home til 4:55 this am and had to be back up there at 8 this morning. He was so tired and frustrated. I can't imagine going to work at 6:30 and not getting home from work for 22 hours only to get a tiny nap before going back.

2 comments:

  1. Love Cake balls! Mint sounds so good. That will be on my list for next time around. Wish I was there to taste test for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make oreo balls, which are similar, but you don't have to back a cake! Package of oreos, crushed to oreo dust in the food processor, then mix in an 8 oz. brick of cream cheese. To make mine more uniform, I put the oreo gunk in the freezer to firm it up, then use a melon baller to dip it out - that way they're rounder and all the same size. Stick 'em back in the freezer for a little while, and then dip then in the chocolate almond bark. You can make them with the mint oreos, they're yummy!

    ReplyDelete