and a week since I'm just now finally posting. We had a great birthday dinner of pizza hut and homemade wings. Plus a homemade cake that was ugly. Yummy, but ugly. He got some pretty fun presents. The video I'm attaching (and hoping it works) is Bear in his Buzz lightyear costume and wings that open and close with the push of a button. He also LOVED his cap guns with holsters. Hayden had a drawing that was a finalist for the Houstan Stock Show and Rodeo Art Show. It did not advance farther but we are so proud. We went to an art show at the school and there were only a few from the elementary that were finalists. Some of the high school work (all western themed) was unbelievable. If I still had a full time job I'd buy one. What have we been eating you ask? First- Lots of wings. Who knew they were so easy and yummy. I've been buying a package of Original Hot Wing seasoning (dry) in the section with the taco seasonings and other marinade packets. I've added about a tablespoon-ish of oil that it doesn't call for. Coat. Bake. I've started doing half the wings with the tablespoon-ish of oil and a bunch of lemon pepper. Love em. We had a pretty darn good and way easy pork tenderloin. Throw a pork tenderloin or two in your crock pot along with a can of french onion, a can of cream of mushroom and a can of golden mushroom. Yummy. I used some drippings to make gravy. Tonight I made Beef Stroganoff. I don't remember ever having made this before. When buying more wing seasoning mix I was looking at the Lawrey's slow cooker packets and got the beef stroganoff. I dumped some diced onion, a small can of mushroom stems and pieces and two pounds of stew beef cubes in my crock pot at noon today with the seasoning mix and water. When I got home at 5:30 I was supposed to add 8 oz of sour cream. I only put in about 2 oz of light sour cream and found it perfect. Served on top of wide egg noodles. The packet said high for 4 hours or low for 8. I did low for 5 1/2 and my meat was done. I tried a new mexican dish last night for Mexican Monday but it was just ok. So I won't share.
No comments:
Post a Comment